Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Matt Smith's Dream Guest Star on Doctor Who


I recently found a new podcast courtesy of the @BlogtorWho Twitter feed, Meet the Filmmaker.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/meet-the-filmmaker/id301899522  It's a series of interviews recorded at Apple stores.  The one I'd downloaded was Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Stephen Moffat in New York.  An appearance before the first episode of the new series aired in the US.

They were asked about the array of excellence on the show in the guest stars this season.  Far too many good British actors to mention.  The bit that got me squealing was Matt Smith describing his dream guest star -

"If I could pick anyone, I don't know if you guys will know him, but I would pick... He was a footballer and he's French and he's called Eric Cantona."  

I knew Matt Smith was a nice guy.  I just didn't know what fabulous taste he had in dream guest stars.  Mr Moffat if you make this happen I will die happy, no more than happy.  Too ecstatic for the limitations of language.




1 comments:

angela said...

i love your comments. They mirror those of my eldest daughter who is studying film and media at University. Go to my blog and you will find a link to amezzeray.... take care.

Post a Comment