Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Lovely Design, Bodrum

Now, I haven't an artistic bone in my body.  Nothing I imagine so perfectly in my mind can ever be transferred to a more solid medium by myself.  I'm not just tone deaf, I'm art deaf.

Luckily my own lack of skills doesn't stop me appreciating the work of others.  I still enjoy to look at all elements of art.  I even enjoy looking at some that I just don't understand.

Whilst on holiday recently I came across this logo for Bodrum in Turkey.  (The modern name for Halicarnassus.)


I love this design.  It gets across just what Bodrum's about.  Encompassing the famous castle, the amphora hinting at the historical interest and the hull of a ship for a seafaring town.  I found it a pleasure to look at the logo everywhere I saw it around the town.  I wonder who designed the logo. Whoever it is I hope they're proud of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment