Monday, January 17, 2011

Book 3 of the 50 Book Challenge

Rommel by Charles Douglas-Home, 138 pages


Started January 12th, finished January 16th.

This book is quite an old one.  I think it was written in the 1970's.  Maybe opinion on Rommel has changed since then.  It's a nice short book looking at his military career.  I didn't want anything too in depth.  Just something to give me the overall idea.  There were no fascinating insights into Rommel's character.  the only thing I didn't already know was how he could be a little reckless from time to time.  The book gives the usual story of him being a 'soldier's soldier'.  Not over praising him but a seemingly fair account.  It wasn't a rip-roaring read but a book I'm glad to have read.  It had been on my 'to read' pile for a very long time.

The strange part was reading about a man who was sending his troops to fight against my Grandad's formation.

Total so far, Books - 3, Pages - 751

Next - How to Drink by Victoria Moore

0 comments:

Post a Comment