Monday, September 12, 2011

Britfilm - The Inbetweeners Movie (no spoilers)


In the last few months I discovered The Inbetweeners.  I was very late to the party but glad I got on board.  The first series was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.  We got through the entire series in one night.  I can't remember that many belly laughs in one evening before.  Series two was also hilarious but seemed just a touch less funny.  Still brilliant though.  Series three I enjoyed but didn't feel it was as good as the first two.

I was therefore wondering what I'd get with the film.  Would it be a step too far?  Would taking the lads out of England lose the charm or would a 'lad's holiday' give them the material they needed to get the original spark back?

Well, I suppose it was a bonus that they had a new environment to focus on.  With all the 'traditions' they could use from a lads holiday.

I found the film very enjoyable and I laughed a lot.  Mr Meks felt slightly let down by the predictable parts but I took them as usual in this kind of film.  This is no cinematic masterpiece, it's just a fun watch.  In fact it's pretty much what you'd expect to see from The Inbetweeners on holiday.  It's predictable in parts.  Some of the storylines are believable some aren't.  

I'm not sure how I'd have found the film without knowing the characters from the tv series.  You'd still find parts laugh out loud I imagine but I don't think it would be as good a watch.

Will I ever watch this again?  Probably, when it's on Channel 4.  It's not one I'd go out and buy though.  I can't see what could be gained by a re-watch.  It definitely entertained me and I got my money's worth from the trip to the cinema though.

4 out of 5 pawprints.

0 comments:

Post a Comment