Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Podcasts I've Discovered

I am, like most people I expect, often trying to cut down my subscription list of podcasts.  Podcasts age, they lose their way, they stop producing.  Every now and then a cull clears up your time for what suits your listening taste best.

I'm always happy when a new podcast comes along that I enjoy though.  I like a little shake up of my feed.  This week I've added two new subscriptions.

Firstly Shonky Lab who can be found here http://www.shonkylab.co.uk/  Elton and Pete discussing what they like to listen to, watch, read, etc.  Up to now there are two episodes on the feed.  An introductory show and an episode discussing cartoons of their childhood.  A very entertaining episode, even if they seem to have a totally different taste in animation to me!  Go give them a listen, they're a witty duo.

Next came the Fantastic Stories Podcast which can be found here http://fantasticstoriespodcast.wordpress.com/ This has a solo presenter, Jacob.  The subject is Classic Audio Drama.  So far there has been one episode containing one UK and one US Radio Drama.  These seem to be straight out of the classic era of melodramatic radio plays.  They ooze nostalgia.  The good thing is they're also a good, fun listen.  If you're a fan of the Hypnogoria Podcast and/or The TimeVault Podcast I strongly recommend you pop over for a listen.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from both of these podcasts.  Thanks for the work you put in guys :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment