Friday, June 3, 2011

Book 35 of the 50 Book Challenge

The Cats of Moon Cottage by Marilyn Edwards, 242 pages


Started April 26th, finished May 25th.
This was an impulse buy as I passed it.  I know I shouldn't read biographical tales of cats.  They get me every time.  I know what to expect and what it will cost me in hankies.


It was a book of nice short chapters so it became my titbit book.  If you're not a cat fan I don't think this book is for you.  However if you have room in your heart for the little critters I think you'll enjoy it.


The writer, who is the owner of the titular cats, gets across very well their characters.  She tells their stories well.  You get a great feel for life in this cottage and what the cats mean to it.  There are stories that all cat owners are familiar with along with some surprises along the way.  This is a book that's fun where it should be but with many parts that will move you too.


It's a short snappy read.  One you can dive in and out of if you don't want to read in one fell swoop. 


Special mention must be made about the illustrations.  The illustrator is Peter Warner who has sadly passed away.  He captures cats in a way few people can.  They're not just anatomically correct but character correct too.  The cats are brought to life in the text and these pictures, throughout the book are the wonderful icing on the cake.  


I liked this book a lot.  My next titbit book on the pile is its sequel.


4 out of 5 pawprints


Total so far, Books - 35, Pages -10,694

Next - Southern Seas by Manuel Vazquez Montalban

0 comments:

Post a Comment