Friday, June 10, 2011

Book 37 of the 50 Book Challenge

The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly, 565 pages



Started May 30th, finished June 3rd.

I was looking forward to this book.  A favourite author, a further look at a character I liked and it was nice and thick.  Just the kind of book you can immerse yourself in.

I like the way the author covers the last year or so without telling the whole story.  You learn what the main character's been through and where he is now without being dragged through it.  This means the bulk of the book is dedicated to telling the story at hand.

A good story it is too.It moves at a good pace with enough twists and turns to keep the story going to a nice length.  There were a few shocks I didn't see coming.  I don't like it when a plot's too obvious.

Connelly has brought two of his other recurring characters into this book.  Harry Bosch and Jack McEvoy.  I liked this.  It's nice and subtle for the main part.  There's none of your nose being rubbed in it.  It was interesting to see Bosch portrayed from 'the other side'.

I'm looking forward to the next Mickey Haller novel.  I am worried though that one lawyer can only get so many dangerous, weird cases in his career.  

4 out of 5 pawprints

Total so far, Books - 37, Pages -11,473

Next - The White Mountains by John Christopher

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is a good book, right up my alley!
So another one for me to read... one day :-)

Post a Comment