Monday, June 20, 2011

Book 41 of the 50 Book Challenge

From Bangkok to BC, Chasing Sunsets by Wolf E Boy, 250 pages



Started June 14th, finished June 15th.

This book is by a Twitter buddy of mine, @wolfeeboy999 I discovered he'd written it after I read about it on a blog.  

It's an account of his travels around Asia, Australia and Canada.  It's written in a much more chatty style than your typical travelogues.  Meaning that it's really easy to sink right into it.   He tells the story of his snap decision to buy an 'Around the World' ticket, then you're at Heathrow, then landed in Bangkok before you know it.  

The writing gives a great feel for the places he visits and the people he meets.  He gives us an honest account of life travelling and the things that happen with no sense of masculine bravado.  You feel like you're getting the real deal not some version to bolster an ego.  He comes across as a nice guy you'd have a good laugh with. 

I like the fact that he travelled to where and what he wanted to do.  Not some squeezing in of every sight and experience but had a damn good time.  I'd give my hind teeth to be able to spend the time he did in Canada.  Only difference being, I'd have used 2 planks of wood, not a tray ;-)

The book contains nice little bits of poetry here and there from the author and a fair few pictures too.  Both of which add to the experience.

I don't think I'd ever have the guts to up and leave for over a year and I have to admire someone who just got on with it.

4 out of 5 pawprints


Total so far, Books - 41, Pages -12, 403

Next - From Bangkok to BC by Wolf E Boy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the kind of book I may well enjoy, I think I will add it to my ever growing list... maybe I should stop reading your blog! ;-)

Unknown said...

I can post it to you with the Magician sequels?

Post a Comment