Friday, November 4, 2011

Tome Time - The Cats on Hutton Roof by Marilyn Edwards





Started August 22nd, finished September 22nd.

This is another titbit book.  The third in the series by the author about life for her and her cats.  In this book there is much upheaval as they all move house.

These books are wonderful for cat lovers but may not entrance one who is not so enamoured.  I love the author's observations.  So many are so similar to many of my own.  This lady can just tell the story much better than I ever could if I tried.  

The illustrations are also superb.  Not all artists, by far, can catch that feline essence.  It may have four legs and a tail but it doesn't always look like a cat.  Peter Warner catches it perfectly.

The story is mainly about life with her cats but also includes other people's stories.  People she has met and people who have contacted her with their stories.  These are always wonderful to read but, be warned have had the tears rolling on more than one occasion.  She also includes info on the local wildlife and her neighbours.  It's a lovely book to read.  Makes me want to move myself and my cats somewhere more rural.  One day....

4 out of 5 pawprints

Next - The Third Man by Peter Mandelson


0 comments:

Post a Comment