Friday, March 25, 2011

Book 17 of the 50 Book Challenge

Where's My F*cking Latte?  by Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff, 127 pages


Started March 17th, finished March 17th

This is the second of my swaps with Karode .  The tales of Hollywood assistants.  Who seem to work for the most bad mannered, selfish and generally deplorable bosses on the planet

Most of the stories are amusing but some are just too awful to laugh at.  The big downside is that anonymity is kept throughout.  You want these bastards named.  I even started to wish I believed in Karma.  I could never put up with the disrespect and humiliation these assistants dealt with daily.  I wouldn't want to enter an industry where such bullying is the norm.  Do the 'put upon' assistants become like the people they're describing if they make it in the industry?

I think people should be judged on how they treat the people who work for them rather than their boss.  None described in this book came out above vile.  Are there any nice people in the industry?  If so, how the hell do they survive?

This is a good quick read.  It made me snort, snarl and drop my jaw.  All the space of an hour or two.

3.5 out of 5 pawprints.

Total so far, Books - 17, Pages - 4,878

Next - The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly





0 comments:

Post a Comment