Sunday, February 20, 2011

Book 8 of the 50 Book Challenge

Vendetta by Michael Dibdin, 238 pages



Started February 12th, finished February 15th.

This is the second book in my Aurelio Zen omnibus.  I felt more at home with the character in his second outing.

This book once again starts in Rome and gives us a lovely feel for the city.  As well as a Venetian feeling slightly at odds with the world outside Venice.  The book also takes us to Sardinia and gives us not the most flattering portrait of small town Sardinia.  I was interested to learn how things we expect to happen in Sicily and Naples are as prevalent t in other outlying areas.

There were parts to this tale which seemed a little far fetched to me.  As well as a little OTT and not necessary to keep me interested.  However, I did enjoy it and was a nice enjoyable read.  I have no idea if the tale is as far fetched as it seems maybe I just leas a sheltered life.

As detective fiction goes it doesn't reach the levels of my triumvirate, Harry Bosch, Kurt Wallander and Guido Brunetti but I will finish the trilogy I've borrowed.

3 out of 5 pawprints

Total so far, Books - 8, Pages - 2,385

Next - The Diary of a Nobody by Weedon Grossmith

0 comments:

Post a Comment