Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Book 9 of the 50 Book Challenge

The Diary of a Nobody  by Weedon Grossmith, 216 pages




Started February 15th, finished February 17th.

This a book I'd never heard of that is apparently a classic.  I only discovered it because my dad recommended it and lent it to me.  I'm so glad he did.  It's a very witty book that's a joy to read.  The short, snappy diary entries make it a book to whizz through.  Light relief from the world outside the pages.

The funny thing is, though the book is over 100 years old there are so many things which are still the same.  many things, mainly transport, which are very different but I'm beginning to wonder if humanity and its prejudices change at all over time.

I will definitely come back to this book, more than once I reckon.  It even gives Oldham a mention :-)

5 out of 5 pawprints

Total so far, Books - 9, Pages - 2,601

Next - A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got it out from my school's library! :-)
Will tell you what I think once I've read it.

I knew there was a good reason to be working in a school!

Post a Comment