Thursday, April 28, 2011

Book 26 of the 50 Book Challenge

Doctor Who and The Android Invasion  by Terrance Dicks, 120 pages


This is the latest in my following and reading along of Paul's Blog Now as I remember I enjoyed the tv version of this story.  I can't really say the same for the book.  It's not told with any gusto.  It's like a bored person describing the events.  You don't feel any sense of danger, elation, anything.  This should have been a good read.  There's a good story to tell here.  It's the first time I've been disappointed by a Target novelisation.  I'm worried it won't be the last....

2 out of 5 pawprints

Total so far, Books - 26, Pages - 8,026

Next - I'm unsure.  I need to decide on my holiday reading...  I bet the suspense is killing you ;-)

3 comments:

Paul said...

Yeah, it's not the greatest adaptation but then, its not the greatest story either. I'm quite fond of the TV version despite its faults. Next Target for you is The Daemons... :)

Adam said...

This is one of Terrance Dicks autopilot novelisations from the days when he wrote on before breakfast each day. The Android Invasion is not a classic story by any means, but this novelisation doesn't really do it any favours either.

Unknown said...

The Daemons is at the top of the pile when I get home. It looks a lot meatier :-)

Post a Comment