Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 27 - 30 Film Challenge

My Favourite Independent Film





A most impressive debut film.  Clever, without being too clever.  Nods to the classics with it's own take on things.  Impressive performance.  It looks fantastic.  All on what would be termed a micro-budget.  It seems every penny was very well spent, never does it look cheap.  I saw this twice in the cinema and I think I'll be seeing it many times more via DVD.  This film was made by a man who must love the sci-fi genre and love the same things about it that I do.  The ideas, the visions of the future.  The examination of ourselves as a race.  Not just' splosions and FX.  It's sci-fi with a soul rather than just a veneer.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! Moon is such a great film!! Brilliant choice!

Post a Comment