Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Know I Said I Wouldn't, but....









Last year I ran the 5k Race for Life in order to raise money for Cancer Research.

Thanks to people's generosity I raised over £400.  I then said 'Don't worry I won't be harassing people for sponsor money next year.'  I didn't want to be waving a sponsorship form at everyone, all the time.

However, one of my friends has breast cancer and has asked people to run this year's Race for Life.  There is also another girl in our town, also very young, suffering the same disease.  Locally their friends have done a massive amount, organising events to raise money for Cancer Research.  It seems surly not to politely request sponsorship to aid this good (and now more personal) cause.

I am running two races this year.

The Great Manchester Run (10k)

and

Heaton Park's Race for Life (5k)

If you would like to sponsor me, please click on one of the links on this page.  I will be very grateful for any amount, however small.  Every but makes a difference.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I said I would, so I better do it now :-)

Post a Comment