Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 26 - 30 Film Challenge

My Favourite Foreign Language Film




I only saw this film relatively recently.  I am not that well up on the Nouvelle Vague.  What struck me at first was how this was 'Paris in a movie' but the side of Paris cameras rarely catch.  Away from the glamour of the City of Light.

You follow Antoine through a pretty bleak existence.  The empathy flows pretty much from the start.  It has a great ending which will keep you and your fellow viewers discussing it for a while.

I have seen some of the follow up films but this is the only Antoine Doinel story that I'm really fond of.  I should stop referring to it as Les Quatres Cents Loups with my terrible French.  As my dad says, that would be an entirely different film ;-)




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the fact that we both mentioned Les 400 coups in this section... except that it's not a foreign film for me... :-(
Your Dad is right by the way! Les 400 loups would be a very different film, I would love to see that one though!!

wolves are my fav. animals! :-)

Post a Comment