Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 28 - 30 Film Challenge

The Most Obscure Film I've Ever Seen




This is a film made in the 1960's by the BBC.  It depicts life in Britain once Nuclear War has broken out.  It was never shown in the 1960's.  It was decided to be too horrific for broadcast.  I've heard rumours that the government put a stop to it being shown but I'm unsure how valid they are.  It was finally shown in full on British TV in the 1980's.

It is described as a documentary but nowadays I think it would be labelled a docu-drama.  

It is horrific, very dark and makes you very glad the Cold War is no longer.  It did get a limited BFI release on DVD.  'New' copies are available on Amazon for £99.99.  Making me wonder why they don't make a few more copies to sell.

It is available on YouTube in various chapters.  The first of which is below.




0 comments:

Post a Comment