Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Game of Thrones - TV Show


I've been looking forward to this one for a while.  The cast looks great, the production seems excellent and I've just read the book.

The first few scenes definitely had me interested.  They were very eerie, harsh and looked wonderful.

It seems that for me  the main bonuses are how it looks and the casting.  Sean Bean isn't how I'd imagined Eddard Stark but he totally convinced me.  Jamie Lannister is played, just as I'd visioned him.  Lena Headey is wonderfully unsettling as Cersei.  Brandon Stark is fantastic.  Tywin Lannister looks like he'll be providing some cynical comic relief.

The only characters I was a little unsure of were Khal Drogo and Daenerys Targaryen. Daenerys is far too old but it seems that HBO have shied away from having a 13yr old commit and have committed against her the acts within the book.  The Khal seems a little too wooden for my tastes.  I will give them a few more episodes before I let myself be disappointed yet though......

Let's be honest though.  I really want to see a whole lot more of those cute little Direwolf pups.  Stop teasing HBO!

I can't see how this is the show to bring Fantasy back from the Geeks.  It definitely has more tits and a bigger budget.  Will that be enough to open it to a new audience?  It's hardly a break from the typical Fantasy tale.

The episode went out with a bang.  All in all I'll definitely be tuning in again.  I hope it continues to keep me happy as the run goes on.  I'm looking forward to seeing another couple of my favourite actors turning up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment