Friday, April 8, 2011

Killing Bono - No Spoilers


The trailer for this film had me hooked.  It looked funny, UK made, the title intrigued me and it had Robert Sheehan. Sheehan was the main draw to be honest.  I love his screen presence in Misfits and what I saw of him in Red Riding I liked.

The cast was definitely the best thing about this film with only one stand out terrible.  Whoever played the second Record producer we see.  That one took the comedy element too far and was just annoying.  Ben Barnes did a great job of making me dislike his character, a lot.  Sheehan was as amusing as he always is but had a chance to do some serious stuff as well.  I thought he was great.  I don't think I've seen Martin McCann before, he was good as Bono.  Very quiet performance, a nice change from the other performances in the film.  The warm your heart appearance came from Pete Postlethwaite who seems to have had fun in his final film.

The film is funny, yet sad for some of it's characters.  I have no idea how true it is.  Based on a memoir, who knows how far the Chinese Whispers effect has taken it.  Although there were good bits it did begin to drag and drag.  It was far too long.  It wasn't a bad film but I can't say it was a good one either.  I can't tell you who I'd blame for it not working for me either.  Maybe the length of it but it didn't seem to be just that.  It just felt a little flat in places and I'm not sure why.  I'm glad I've seen it, I don't feel they owe me my 2 hours back. I can't see me ever watching it again though.

2.5 pawprints out of 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment